Saturday, July 5, 2008

Who Says You Can't Go Home






We have just returned from a week visiting my parents in my hometown. It is always good to go home and "reconnect" with where I spent so many days. Any chance I had, I would take a different route from place to place just to see how much our town has changed. It was a relatively small town in Western Colorado when I lived there. Now, it has grown and changed so much that I sometimes find myself a bit lost. But, something that hasn't changed is the "heartbeat" of a community. I enjoyed showing my girls the different places I lived, where I went to school, and do things with them that I did as a child. We spent time on the Colorado National Monument which was a backyard paradise for me. We visited the Dinosaur Museum. We went to "Moon Farm" which used to be out in the "boondocks" but is now surrounded by new homes. We went swimming at the Country Club and Hailey had a great time in her Theater group there. We hit the local dives for lunch and dinner, and enjoyed walking around downtown. Evenings were lazy at Gramma and Grampa's enjoying the views.Some days that I was there I tried to imagine what it might be like to live there again; now that I'm all grown up. It could be a boom town if our government commits to tapping into petroleum resources here in the good 'ole USA so, now would be the time to get there while we still can. But then I think that maybe I need it to always be a place to just go back to. To reset. Get my perspective back. And then press on again continuing to find my way in the world and make memories for myself and my children.

1 comment:

Drew and Becca Damiano said...

Love, love, love all the photos. Wish we were there!!

Love you - Beckster