This week has been one of projects. I think I might be going a bit stir crazy being home with the girls. So, on Sunday, in all of my infinite wisdom, I tagged along with Gary to Home Depot to buy some paint. We have relatives coming TOMORROW and then Gary's parents arriving in August, so I thought I would paint our guest bath (which is also the girls' bath, and the "powder room"). Up until this week is was decorated in ladybugs. Appropriate, I know, if the girls had this bathroom all to themselves. I bought everything that was in there 4 years ago when Hailey had her own bathroom in our townhome. So, I'm thinking, a little paint, a shower curtain, and WA-LA...new bathroom...boy, was I wrong. This turned into a 2-inch hole in the wall, a new mirror, new shower curtain rod, new toilet parts, new towel rods, you name it. In the mean time, I also decided I wanted to paint a little nook in our entry. This project turned into joint compound, drywall tape, retexture spray, sanding, more paint...and then, to keep the girls busy we made some stepping stones for the yard. Oh, and my storage room, I mean guest room, in the basement had to be cleaned out so people could actually sleep there. And all of this needs to be finished by about 4:00 tomorrow when 14 people will arrive for dinner. What was I thinking?
My poor husband is one tired puppy. Sunday will indeed be a day of rest...Enjoy the pictures of the "works in progress". I wish I had before pictures but I was so anxious to get started I forgot to take them. And by the way, my little ladybugs are going absolutely stir crazy...Camp Mommy is NO FUN this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment