The girls wore their red dresses for the occasion. It couldn't have been better. Red for Chinese New Year--Red for Valentines Day. I have decided I really like this combination.
Later in the week, we met the "fam" at PF Chang's for our 2nd annual CNY celebration.
All of the cousins really get into it. Hailey and Hanna brought the traditional Lai See. The red color of the envelopes symbolizes good luck and is supposed to ward off evil spirits. It is typically filled with money however in these tough economic times, we had to resort to chocolate gold coins. :-)
After dinner, the kids were treated to a tour of the kitchen. They were fascinated. The chef they watched is a professional "futbol" player from Peru who has worked for PF Chang's in the off season for the past 11 years. He was great with the kids, showed them how he makes Crispy Honey Chicken, and let them take home their creation.
The management (PF Chang's Park Meadow's by the way) was fabulous with our "decesion" on their normally calm Tuesday night dinner crowd. I think they were actually quite impressed with our little celebration...not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything.
Hmmm????...Maybe next year we'll bring the dragon and do our little dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment