
We had such fun celebrating Chinese New Year. It has become a new tradition for all of us. This year we went to dinner at PF Chang's with the whole family. (We missed U. Pete, though). We decided to combine this celebration with all of the January/February birthdays as well. We were quite a group in the restaurant. The kids were so good and loved all of the Chinese food. They all received the traditional Lai See, lucky red envelopes filled with chocolate coins, lucky candy, chopsticks, and jade bracelets. We also had a celebration at Hanna's school. Her class read books, did crafts, and ate fortune cookies, rice, noodles and mandarin oranges. We also did a lion dance with them. I took some video but it didn't really turn out. I was too busy trying to direct the parade as well. I have to say it was pretty hilarious though. Gung Hay Fat Choy to everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment