
We had so much fun last weekend taking Hanna skiing for the first time. I have to say, I was a bit skeptical. For starters, our little South China Sea princess does not like to wear jackets, or mittens, and has a very difficult time with socks; especially when wearing them with boots. So, donning her ski 'suit' and magic boots off we went to the bunny hill. Regretfully, on day one, I forgot to bring the camera. Her face was absolutely priceless the first time she went sliding down the hill on her skis. She had the biggest grin followed but the sweetest giggles. On the first day it actually only took her about a half an hour to figure out the whole, "pizza stop". I couldn't believe it. We let her call the shots and after about an hour and half she said she was finished. No problem. We went again the next day. Again, there was some trepidation on Mommy's part since it was only 12 degrees. But, Daddy was all about the muscle memory since we won't be back until after Christmas. So bundled as much as could be without experiencing total sensory overload, away we went. She did so well. Aside from the fact that she would burst into tears whenever she fell down, she seemed to like it. She actually told us that she much prefers her skis in "french fries" rather than "pizza". Which translates to "I would rather go fast and have Mommy catch me than actually try to stop." The best part of the whole day was when we were on our way home and from the backseat we hear her say, "I go ski". "Yes sweet girl, you did go ski." "And Mommy/Daddy poud of me! I wuv to ski in the snowing!"
Oh my goodness...melts my heart!
1 comment:
Erin I love your blog. Of course it took me forever to find it but I'll add as my favorite. I'm so glad you had fun skiing!
The girls are just beautiful!
Post a Comment