Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Fun in Grand Junction


Last week the girls and I made our annual trek to Grand Jct. for "hometown" time with Gramma and Gramps.  Hailey participated in the Missoula Children's Theater production of Pinnocchio and we spent our days just toodleing around "happy valley".  The weather was beautiful.  It was nice to finally see the sun. We went to THE mall for mani/pedi's with Gramma, story time at the library, bike rides, hot tub fun, a morning at the Math and Science Center and a beautiful evening downtown for yummy pizza and the farmer's market.  The girls were pretty exhausted at the end of the day. The other reason for our visit was my 20 year high school reunion.  It was really fun to catch up with so many old friends. In all honesty, high school really wasn't my thing, but the weekend reminded me what great people I went to school with.  I am blessed to have had the experience I had.  I see that now.  At the time, I was too insecure and self absorbed to actually appreciate the time I had with such a wonderful group.  What I've learned now is that home, in the truest sense of the word, is where your heart is. Even if it did feel a little trampled on at times, it made me who I am.  Home transcends...it is the ultimate trump.  And I like that.  A lot.

No comments: