Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day


Earth day today. Hailey did some stuff at school about the three R's, reduce, reuse, recycle that is. Since Gary had a late meeting I took the girls to see the Disney movie Earth. It is basically all of the good parts of the Planet Earth series that was done by Discovery. But, narrated by James Earl Jones. Hailey loved it. Hanna wanted to go home after she saw the shark eat the seal. She said, "That's not very nice, Mommy." Keeping her entertained for the last 40 minutes was rather annoying. If she wasn't imitating a walrus or a penguin she talking. This girl does not have an off switch. She doesn't quite get the no talking part of movies. She is at this point with her language that she has to shout out everything that she sees and continues to say it until I respond,Mommy, a giraffe. A giraffe Mommy."
"Yes, Hanna, it's a giraffe. Quiet voice please," I say in a whisper.
And before I even say all of that she is on to, "Zebra Mommy! Like the zoo. Mommy, mommy...!" It was a never-ending commentary.
Meanwhile, Hailey is on the other side of me giving me an entire dissertation on the shrinking polar ice cap and how global warming is endangering the lives of the polar animals. Huh? She's seven! Where does she get this stuff? From there she moved on to describing the hunting behaviors of wild cats. Evidently, documentaries are better watched in the privacy of our own home. Between the narratives provided by my children and my constant Shushing, I am not surprised that there was such an extremely wide margin of empty theater seats surrounding us as the lights came on after the show. Now that we are home and the girls are in bed, my head is absolutely spinning. And so, I get to pass this chaos on to you! Aren't you lucky?
Anyway, Love Your Mother and all that stuff!
Cheers!

No comments: